- MORE ON VITALITY
"The Ts’ixa language is threatened as many children receive their formal education in boarding schools, in which they are alienated, not only to their environment and culture, but also to their language. Many young Ts’ixa feel more comfortable in speaking Setswana and English, i.e. the languages they are educated in, than in their heritage language."
- SPEAKER ATTITUDE
- INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT
- Ts’ixadam language committee
- OTHER LANGUAGES USED BY THE COMMUNITY
- LANGUAGE CONTEXT COMMENTS
- "All participants [in the orthography workshop] felt that writing Ts’ixadam is an important step towards raising self-esteem and pride in the cultural heritage, also among the younger generation."
- Scripts (Writing system)
- More on Orthography
- "The headman of Mababe, Kgosimontle Kebuelemang asked for support in putting the language of his people into writing. Following this request, the first Ts’ixa language community workshop was held, facilitated by Ms. Fehn; Dr. Matthias Brenzinger (University of Cape Town), and Mr. Tshiamo Kebuelemang from Mababe. The writing conventions agreed on for Ts’ixadam are along the lines of the already existing practical orthography for Khwedam and //Anikhwedam, which goes back to a community workshop with these communities organized by Mr. Brenzinger in 1996."